Grayplicity WordPress Theme
Grayplicity is the public release version of the theme being used for SuperSatellite.com. Some features and layout areas are watered or slimmed down to support a more generic release. The default setup is a one column, full width (split ~70%/30% content/sidebar) layout.
Grayplicity has been tested with WordPress 2.3.2-2.6. To ensure full functionality, including usage of the widgetized sidebar, using a version of WordPress older than 2.0 is not recommended or supported. Besides, you should upgrade to the latest version at the very least for security reasons anyway.
I include, by default, two versions of the theme stylesheet. One (
style.css) is just like you would expect to see. The other (
style_sm.css) is the one that is defined in the header to be used. It has been compressed down to remove all white space and shorten and combine all elements as much as possible to speed up download. You may find editing
style.css easier, and can switch to it in the
header.php file if you so desire. Alternatively, you can edit the
style.css file and compress it with a tool like CSSTidy, then resave it as
style_sm.css to maintain a minimal file size.
If you would like to receive notification of when new releases of Grayplicity come out, I recommend subscribing to the Grayplicity Post Feed . Also, paying attention to my site will reveal certain features that you are likely to see in the next upcoming version of the theme, as I will more than likely test them on my site first (I’m running the most current theme version, plus a couple personal mods). I have no set release cycle, and will simply put out new revisions as I feel necessary.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) support for multiple plugins
- Flexible percentage based widths allow elegant scaling from 800×600 on up
- Compressed CSS file that is 31% smaller than the source
- Included PNG transparency support for Internet Explorer <7
- Rodney Campbell’s Dropcap First Letter plugin built in (no need to install or activate it for it to work)
- Gravatar display for comments
Supported Plugins and Addons
The following optional plugins are already accounted for in the theme and stylesheet files within Grayplicity, and are designed to appear seamlessly once installed and activated. These plugins are also fully WordPress 2.5+ compatible. I am more than happy to entertain suggestions for additional support.
- Awsom News Announcement v1.4.2+
- del.icio.us for WordPress v1.8+
- Dropcap First Letter v1.0.1 (built in)
- Increase Sociability v1.0.0
- Sociable v2.6.2+
- WordPress Related Posts v0.7+
- 1.2 (08.07.30)
- Added style support for Increase Sociability Plugin (wrap with classes gp_ISDigg and gp_ISStmbl)
- Added style support for WordPress Related Posts Plugin
- Fixed bug with wp_title() that cause a » to appear before a post title in the header
- Added style support for wp-caption and wp-caption-text classes on images
- Hid the “Search for:” label in the search sidebar widget
- Gravatar support enabled in comments
- Trackback/Pingback detection in comments
- 1.1 (08.04.15)
- Added styling for WordPress default calendar and search widgets
- Added search.php results template for is_search()
- Added 404.php template for is_404()
- Improvements to post styles
- Improved author comment style
- Corrected nested blockquotes
- Removed default post image margins
- Dropcap First Letter plugin built in.
- Replaced transparent PNG background images with gifs for improved IE (Internet Explorer) 6 appearance
- 1.0 (08.04.11)
- Initial Release